Genesis House believes that there is a positive relationship between attire, achievement, attitude, and behavior. The intent of this dress code is to establish dignity and professionalism while in treatment. It is also intended to improve the enforcement and discipline procedures to be followed by all staff members. A client’s appearance should not be a distraction/disruption to the learning environment. The dress code is not intended to be punitive but to promote treatment success.
Please adhere to the following dress code:
- No clothing with inappropriate/offensive sayings, themes, or advertisement will be allowed. This includes but is not limited to alcohol, drugs, drug paraphernalia, firearms, or gang-related insignias. Any clothing advertising such will be confiscated and returned upon discharge.
- The size of the shirts, blouses, or pants shall be appropriate to the client’s body size and shall not be unduly oversized or undersized.
- Undergarments will not be visible and see-through clothing is not permitted, including sheer, net, or mesh clothing. Modesty is expected. Sleepwear is not permitted outside of the apartment.
- Men/women are required to wear a shirt at all times, unless in the pool area.
- All clients are required to wear footwear when not in the pool area.
- If a client participates in any physical activities, he/she is required to wear sneakers. Flip flops or playing barefoot is not permitted, except during volleyball.
- Clothing should cover from the shoulders to the waist at all times. Clothing that exposes the midriff area while standing, sitting, or reaching is not acceptable. Clothing should cover from the neck or just-below-the-neck, with no low or revealing necklines.
- All shorts, skorts, and skirts must extend beyond the finger length or mid-thigh, whichever is longer.
- Sunglasses, hats, hoodies, and other headgear are not to be worn indoors.
- Wearing clothing that exposes underwear or body parts in an indecent or vulgar manner, or disrupts the orderly learning environment is prohibited.
Genesis House reserves the right to request a client to change his/her clothing if any of the above is violated. Excessive/frequent violations of the dress code is grounds for discharge.