Addiction is heavily linked to mental health issues such as anxiety and severe depression. Unfortunately, mental health issues such as anxiety and depression also cause individuals to turn to drugs, alcohol, and even prescription medications to cope with the mental and emotional turmoil they are enduring. With such a vicious cycle, seeking help from a treatment center is essential for a full recovery. However, it is important to note that not all treatment centers provide assistance for mental health issues. Whenever you are faced with an addiction and a mental health affliction, finding the right treatment center is a top priority.
Why Don’t All Treatment Centers Offer Mental Health Support?
Unfortunately, not all rehabilitation treatment centers offer the same types of mental health support services. Traditional outpatient programs typically do not provide dual diagnosis services, as they do not require you to live within a facility or center while you are in the process of your recovery. However, many inpatient rehab centers do offer a dual diagnosis in addition to a medically-monitored detoxing program. If the mental health issues you struggle with interfere with everyday life and are a top priority for you, choosing an inpatient rehab center or treatment facility is ideal.
Why Do Dual Diagnosis Solutions Matter?
When an individual is suffering from a mental health issue or disorder, they often require specialized and individualized treatment for the best outcome possible. Dual diagnosis solutions ensure that all individuals in need of help are treated not only for their addictions but also for the mental health issues they struggle with each day.
What are the Benefits of an Inpatient Rehab Center or Facility?
An inpatient rehab facility not only requires you to live within the center itself throughout your rehabilitation program, but it also provides an array of resources not available anywhere else (such as traditional outpatient meetings). Some of the benefits of inpatient rehab centers for those suffering from mental illnesses include:
- Individualized Care: Be assessed individually by professionals who will work to craft a treatment plan that is right for you based on your mental illnesses as well as the severity of your current addiction.
- Dual Diagnosis: Dual diagnosis is essential before creating a treatment plan. Dual diagnosis helps determine which medical doctors and medical professionals are best for you throughout the duration of your rehab program.
- Individual Counseling: Meet regularly with a counselor to discuss your feelings, emotions, and current mental state of being. Learn how to express yourself without feeling judgment, shame, and guilt, which often leads individuals back to their addictions.
- Group Therapy: Group therapy sessions are not only beneficial for the recovery process, but they are also therapeutic for those who are willing to open up. Meet with others who are also struggling with addiction and mental health afflictions. Learn how to openly communicate your struggles and the challenges you face each day. Spend time listening to the stories of others to feel less alone in your fight for a life without the use of drugs and alcohol.
- Aftercare Resources: Inpatient rehab centers and programs are not just for 30, 60, or 90 days. In fact, most inpatient rehabilitation centers and facilities also provide a plethora of aftercare resources. Aftercare resources are extremely important, even if you have completed a lengthy stay in an inpatient rehab center already. With the right aftercare support, ensure you do not fall for the temptation of using drugs and alcohol again. Before choosing an inpatient rehabilitation center or facility that is right for you, be sure to inquire about aftercare options. While most inpatient facilities do provide aftercare resources, it is not guaranteed that all centers have access to the resources you require for a full and ongoing recovery.
Whether you are suffering from anxiety, depression, or another diagnosed (or undiagnosed) mental health condition, there is help for you in Florida. While not all Florida treatment centers provide assistance with mental health issues and dual diagnosis solutions, there are many inpatient treatment facilities that do. With the right rehab center or program, ensure your mental health is monitored as you relearn how to live a happy and fulfilling life of sobriety.
Are you looking to find a treatment center in Florida that also focuses on mental health and dual diagnosis solutions? Our counselors are available 24 hours a day and can help you right now. Call 800-737-0933 to speak with one and to find a Florida treatment center that is right for you today.