There is no higher priority to Genesis House than the safety of our Clients and Employees. We continue to remain open for admission at present. We are closely monitoring the latest information from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), government agencies, and internal teams to stay on top of this evolving situation.
- We are following all guidelines from the FL DOH and CDC for guidance and screening. We have stopped all non-essential staff from coming in contact with the clients, stopped all outside meetings and contact with the public.
- We have now begun temperature testing all staff (prior to coming on shift) and admissions prior to coming into the facility in a separated area at the front of our property, away from our population.
- Any staff or admissions which screens above 100.4 F will be denied entry into the facility until they can provide a note from a physician clearing them to work/admit.
- Direct care staff has been encouraged to report to their supervisors any fever or symptoms of COVID and instructed not to come to work until we have clearance from an MD that they are not infected.
- All clients are having their temperatures monitored daily for fever.
- Groups are being limited to less than 10 persons at all times, all clients have been placed in their own bedrooms and minimum social distancing of 6 feet is being encouraged and enforced.
Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns during this trying time.