There was a time when the sole solution to drug addiction and alcoholism was medication. Some rehabilitation centers still use medicines as their primary procedure, without combining it with anything else. Studies have shown that medication alone is not enough to deal with addiction successfully. At Genesis House, we take things several steps further.
Our substance abuse treatment in New Jersey consists of several programs, each addressing different aspects of addiction. In a world where, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), over 22 million Americans battle substance use disorder, going out-of-the-box can be life-saving.
And seeing the extent to where the damages of addiction can spread, we have created some of the most compelling drug and alcohol rehab programs in the business. These include:
- The Residential Program – If you are in advanced stages of addiction and you need permanent care and supervision in a luxurious, resort-like environment, this is where you need to be. The Residential Program relies on a controlled setting decorated with palm trees, a swimming pool, a volleyball field and exuding an exotic calmness you won’t get enough of. Here, our healthcare professionals and licensed clinicians will keep track of your progress 24/7, ready to intervene should the situation arise.
- The Detox and the Dual Diagnosis Programs – Clinical detoxification is a vital part of any substance abuse treatment in New Jersey because it is the most powerful tool in controlling the physiological manifestations induced by the substance abuse. The Dual Diagnosis Program is meant to diagnose and treat additional mental disorders outside addiction that may affect the recovery process.
- The Christian Track – An optional program for those who need the presence of Jesus Christ to overcome their fears and insecurities. We use the Christian philosophy to heal patients’ spirits, strengthen their moral values, and teach them the importance of compassion and love for their brothers and sisters in suffering. Religion can be a source of great comfort for many people who feel they've lost their way in life.
- The Uniformed Services – This program is a response to a recurrent problem in our society – stress. Being subjected to constant high levels of stress can dramatically affect people’s mental functioning, which is why we have created the Uniformed Services, to assist people working in highly stressful environments like police officers, firefighters, correctional officers and so on.
- Holistic activities – The best way to beat psychological addiction, in the long run, is to feed the mind and the spirit with positivity and naturally-occurring endorphins. Our meditation and yoga sessions will achieve just that, while activities like swimming, tennis, volleyball, basketball and pool tournaments, will take care of the body and help patients socialize.
At Genesis House, we have built the foundation of a highly effective substance abuse treatment in New Jersey, where people come not only to escape addiction but to rediscover their true selves as well. If you are one of them, then we’ll sure to find a place for you too.Substance Abuse Treatment New Jersey