Addiction is an epidemic that is impacting millions of families each year in the US alone. With the rise in opioid use, more individuals than ever are in need of the right rehabilitation program. Before choosing a rehab program or facility that is right for you, it is important to understand all of the options available near you. Choosing the right rehab program can make all of the difference between relapsing and moving forward on your journey to a life of sobriety.
How Do I Know it is Time for a Rehab Program?
Having an addiction is nothing to be ashamed about, as millions of individuals from all walks of life experience addiction at least one time in their lives. Struggling to overcome an addiction is not easy, but the first step to getting the help you require is admitting that there is a problem. Some of the sign and symptoms you may experience in your everyday life that are clear indicators that you have an addiction include:
- The preoccupation of Thoughts: If you are preoccupied with using alcohol, drugs, or illicit substances, you may have an addiction. As addictions progress, you may find yourself prioritizing obtaining your preferred drug or alcohol over basic responsibilities.
- Mood Swings: Mood swings, irritability, increased anxiety, and severe depression are all signs of addiction.
- Physical Symptoms: Tremors, shakiness, nausea, vomiting, gastrointestinal issues, drowsiness, and insomnia are all physical symptoms that can manifest with severe addictions, especially while experiencing withdrawal symptoms. In extreme cases, you are at risk of experiencing seizures, comas, heart attacks, and even death depending on the substance you are using and the severity of your addiction.
- Social Isolation: Social isolation and withdrawal from family, friends, and loved ones is extremely common among those experiencing addiction. Additionally, isolation is often tied with depression and anxiety, another root cause or the result of addiction.
- Loss of Interest in Hobbies: You may experience a loss of interest in hobbies, activities, and social gatherings that were once a source of joy to you as your addiction progresses. Addiction is powerful and can lead to complete isolation once it infiltrates all areas of your life.
Inpatient Rehabilitation Treatment Centers
Inpatient rehab treatment centers are ideal for those with severe and debilitating addictions. With an inpatient facility, you will be required to live within the center while completing your designated program. Inpatient rehab programs also provide additional services such as medically-monitored detox programs, dual diagnosis solutions for those suffering from mental illness, and zero-tolerance environments. In addition to these services, inpatient programs also provide outpatient resources and services such as individual counseling and group therapy.
Intensive Outpatient Rehab Programs
Intensive outpatient rehab programs allow you to live outside of the facility in which you are receiving treatment. Intensive outpatient programs are similar to traditional outpatient programs but may also be ordered by a judge if an individual has broken the law while under the influence of illegal substances.
Outpatient programs are the most common form of rehab for most people struggling to kick their addiction. Outpatient programs typically include sponsor meetings, group therapy, and individual counseling sessions. Outpatient programs provide more freedom and flexibility for those who are unable or unwilling to leave their job while seeking to complete the recovery process. However, outpatient programs are not as strict as inpatient programs, which may not work for individuals who have severe addictions and physical dependencies on drugs and alcohol.
Before choosing the rehab program or treatment center that is right for you, it is important to research and weigh all of your options. If you believe your addiction is manageable while still working, intensive outpatient or outpatient programs may be right for you. If you have developed a physical dependency on drugs or alcohol, consider an inpatient rehab center to prevent the possibility of relapse while working towards recovery.
While not all types of rehab programs are suitable for everyone, each solution provides benefits that can come in handy while living a life of sobriety. With the right rehab program or treatment facility, regain control over your life and the future that you envision for yourself.
Are you ready to take the next step in your road to recovery? Our counselors are available 24 hours a day and are waiting to hear from you. Call us at 844-903-2111 to learn more about our current rehabilitation programs and to discover which program or center is right for you today.