Did you know that approximately 88,000 people die each year in the US alone from alcohol-related deaths? Alcohol addiction is no joke and on the contrary, is quite serious and requires immediate intervention to avoid preventable ailments or irreversible damage to the body. Whether you have only recently become dependent on alcohol or if you have struggled with alcohol addiction for the majority of your life, finding the right rehabilitation center or program for you is imperative for the best outcome possible.
Types of Alcohol Rehab Centers in Florida
Not all rehab centers operate the same. While most alcohol rehab centers focus on inpatient therapy, requiring you to live within a rehab center, other outpatient programs may be more suitable for those who still have self-control when it comes to their addiction. The most common types of alcohol rehab centers available in the State of Florida include:
- Inpatient Rehab Centers and Treatment Facilities: Require individuals seeking help to live within the facility throughout the entirety of their selected program. Programs typically last 30, 60, and 90 days, but can be extended if necessary and depending on your chosen location.
- Outpatient Programs: Outpatient programs are available for those who are unwilling or unable to leave their jobs while seeking assistance with addiction. Outpatient programs typically involve group therapy, counseling, and sponsor meetings.
- Intensive Outpatient Programs: Intensive outpatient programs are similar to both inpatient programs as well as traditional outpatient programs. However, intensive outpatient programs may also include access to medical facilities and solutions including a medically-monitored detox program.
Advantages of Inpatient Rehab Treatment Facilities
Inpatient rehab facilities are much different than traditional outpatient rehab programs. Some of the most notable advantages of inpatient rehab treatment facilities include:
- Zero-Tolerance Environment
- Dual Diagnosis Solutions
- Medically-Monitored Detoxing
- One-on-One Counseling
- Group Therapy
Benefits of Outpatient Programs
While outpatient programs are not ideal for everyone facing addiction, they still provide various benefits, such as:
- Case Management
- Individual Counseling Sessions
- Group Therapy
- Medically-Monitored Detoxing (Intensive Outpatient Programs Only)
The Importance of Seeking Aftercare Resources
Whether you choose an inpatient rehabilitation center, an intensive outpatient program, or a traditional outpatient program such as counseling or sponsor meetings, aftercare is essential. Aftercare resources are provided to individuals who have completed a rehabilitation program but still require additional guidance and support. Some aftercare programs to consider even after completing inpatient or outpatient programs include:
- Case Management: Obtain a case manager to help ensure you remain sober while working through the recovery process. Your case manager can help find additional resources that may be of help to you to prevent relapse.
- Counseling and Therapy: Work with an individual therapist to discover which traumas or triggers have to lead to your addiction. Visiting a therapist or counselor regularly is extremely beneficial to steer clear from giving in to the temptation of alcohol.
- Family Counseling: Visiting a counselor with your entire family is highly recommended if your alcohol addiction has caused a rift in your relationships. Family counseling is beneficial to help bring families closer together while you are in recovery.
- Support Meetings: Support meetings, or sponsor meetings, are helpful for those in need of additional support even after completing a rehabilitation program. Obtaining a sponsor is a way to gain another supporter in your corner who is also available 24 hours a day. With the right sponsor, learn how to live without the use of alcohol while always having someone to call and talk to when you are feeling tempted.
Understanding the various types of rehab programs that are currently offered in Florida is essential to seek the care and assistance necessary to overcome your dependency and addiction With the right rehab program or facility, relearn how to live your life again without relying on alcohol to help get you through the trials and tribulations you are likely to face in everyday life.
Do you or someone you know suffer from an addiction to alcohol? Are you unsure of the type of program that is best for you? We can help. Our counselors are available 24/7 and are ready to take your call now. Call us at 800-737-0933 to discover more about Florida alcohol programs available and to find a solution that is right for your journey to a life of sobriety.